CLASH! TCG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLASH! TCG

The official place to talk about cards, decks, and articles for the unofficial card game.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Card Previews

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Card Previews - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:50 am

Now, I know saying one was too "busy" to find a few mins. to do something is a bull $*&! excuse. If one finds enough value in something they will make sure they find even a little time to get said task done. However, my time was streched extreamly thin, and by the time I had some free time to do my previews, I was so tired I just decided not to.

Just keeping it real.

So! Here's the Soul preview you guys voted for.

Frist is the man himself. Avatar Aang. True to his character, Aang doesn't like to start conflict. However, he's more than happy to assist his teammates when a fight can't be avoided.
This card, on it's own, doesn't really do anything. But it does help the game plan of the deck when one of your other effects start revealing things.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Second up is one of Aang's best friends, Sokka. Sokka has a great mind for design, and improving on exsisting designs.
Likewise in this card, Sokka helps protect your support cards once they are in play, making them even better.

Lastly, is Sokka's sister, Katara. She's naturally adept at water bending, and once enough materials have been revealed to bend, Katara can finish off an opponent almost single handly.
If Katara is backed by Toph and Aang, she can instantly defeat pretty much any character.

Those are the previews for today. I'm so glad you guys took enough interest to check the site, and I apologize for not posting when I said I would.

Give your thoughts on the previewed cards, and please stay tunned for more cards!

Last edited by Admin on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://clashtcg.forumotion.com
ronmonks

PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:33 pm

Looking good. I like Aang's ability coupled with Toph's and am hoping to see more cards that can revolve around it. Never pictured sokka as a counter-measure but it makes sense and i think it is a balanced effect for a turn four drop. Katara looks pretty sick, definately worth the five drop. Keep em coming
Back to top Go down
OniKan

OniKan

PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:59 pm

Definitely some interesting effects. I particularly like the potential of Katara. Also, am I the only one who finds it at least a little amusing that Sokka has the trait "Smart"?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:39 am

Hey, Ed and Al Elric both have "smart". =p
Back to top Go down
OniKan

OniKan

PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:41 am

Admin wrote:
Hey, Ed and Al Elric both have "smart". =p

I meant Sokka, specifically. Sometimes he was quite intelligent, and other times...not so much. I just found it amusing.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:50 am

Well, he is the comic relief. Depending on where you are in the series will determine how you feel about him having that trait. But I asure you, by the time the series is over, you'll agree with the card having the "smart" trait.

Back to top Go down
OniKan

OniKan

PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:52 am

Admin wrote:

Well, he is the comic relief. Depending on where you are in the series will determine how you feel about him having that trait. But I asure you, by the time the series is over, you'll agree with the card having the "smart" trait.

I finished the series. I agree he can certainly be intelligent, but I stand by what I said. It amuses me. Or, more accurately, he amuses me.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:50 am

So... wait, what?! The blimps, the space sword, improving the submarine design, looking at the angle Combustion Man was shooting at them from to determine where to throw his boomarang, I can go on for days. Sokka can be intelligent? Or is he intelligent?
Back to top Go down
OniKan

OniKan

PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:56 am

Admin wrote:

So... wait, what?! The blimps, the space sword, improving the submarine design, looking at the angle Combustion Man was shooting at them from to determine where to throw his boomarang, I can go on for days. Sokka can be intelligent? Or is he intelligent?

How about he is intelligent, but doesn't always show it? It's really hard to be the smart guy and comic relief simultaneously.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:48 pm

OniKan wrote:

How about he is intelligent, but doesn't always show it? It's really hard to be the smart guy and comic relief simultaneously.

Is it really hard to be the smart guy and the comic relief simultaneously? Or is he damn smart to be able to be both simultaneously? =p

Ok, enough messing around. Hope I didn't seem too combative, I know it's hard to show inflection in text over the internet, but I hope you know I was just teasing. (Though I stand by the idea that Edison copied Sokka's design... you heard me.)

Today let's do counters! As in let's look at some character cards that counter what another deck type does wll.

First up is Scar. Body attribute cards are great at healing, both their total point value and characters in play. Scar, however, makes sure your opponent doesn't have the chance to, and gets rid of their characters while they are defeated.

Next is Roxas. Soul attribute cards focus on manipulation of both players deck and taking advantage of that information. Rozas, however, protects your cards by locking off his heart from anyone.

Last, but not least is Jet, leader of the Freedom Fighters. Mind attribute cards are the best at negating and drawing cards. Jet protects your characters from their specialty.

Up until now, I've only shown character cards. As I show the action and support cards, I'm sure these focuses will be much more apparent.

Thank you so much for your time, your input, and your interest. Stay close for more previews!

Back to top Go down
ronmonks

PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:31 pm

Scar is pretty cool. Roxas looks really scary, and Jet has a pretty strong ability for a turn two drop. Definately looking forward to seeing the action cards for the different focuses.
Back to top Go down
OniKan

OniKan

PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:47 pm

I definitely like Scar, his seems like a good ability to have.

I don't know if I would play Roxas, but he definitely seems like he could be important in certain match-ups.

Jet's ability just seems all around useful, especially if you're building your deck around character effects.

Definitely looking forward to seeing the cards that will make up the different deck types.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:41 pm

Starting today we'll be previewing the other card types (actions and supports) as well as characters.

Today is the Mind attribute theme. Some of the action and support may seem to have a lot of text. However, application of their effects are actually pretty simple, and all the text is just the red tape to make sure the card works they way it was meant to. I'm sure you'll see what I mean when you read this first one.

Novice Transmutation is our first negation card. It negates actions with a threshold of 1 or less. However, if the correct person is preforming this action, it can negate actions with a threshold of 2 or less instead.

Keep in mind, for this card it states that you may choose one of your characters in play. It is not needed to choose one of your characters to play this card. However, it does reward players who use certain characters.

Next is a support card. The main difference between this effect and the actions effect is that with this card you must choose one of your characters in order to gain it's benifit.

This card helps buff one of your stats for an attack. However, if used by a a select few characters, instead of pumping one specific stat that the character might not even have, you pump all of the stats instead.

Alphonse can not only use both the action and support card to their full extent, but the first time each turn you draw any cards you can negate a character cards effect.

Please post your thoughts, your likes, and your dislikes. As always, thank you so much for your time, checking the site, and your input.

Until next time, stay tuned for more previews!
Back to top Go down
ronmonks

PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:32 pm

Looking good. I wouldn't picture alphonse as an effect negater, but i do like the ability.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:08 pm

ronmonks wrote:
Looking good. I wouldn't picture alphonse as an effect negater, but i do like the ability.

Yeah, I hear ya. The reason being is, I made all of the other character effects, and I wanted to fit in another character negation somewhere.

I moved some effects around, and I didn't like it on any of the other characters. Of what I had left, I figured Al would be best since on a few occations he trapped people within his armor, and he also came up with the plan on trapping Pride to shut his powers off.

So, that's the main reason I picked Al for this effect.

Thanks for the feedback.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:07 pm

Gather round, gather round! It's that time again!

Today, let's look at a few Body attribute cards.

First is Fire! This card is played in response to an attack. Not only does it give you a nice boost in power, but if it is cast by someone who is adapt in using fire, the character on the receaving end can't be healed by card effects that turn.

Again, take note that this card states that you may choose one of your characters. So it isn't needed to do so.

Next is the legendary sword, the Keyblade. Weilding this sword can heal your over all point total and boost all stats if used by one of the chosen sword fighters.

Last by not least, let's take a look at Axel. As expected, this character is great at using fire attacks.

As you can see, all action cards are blue, all support cards are yellow, and all character cards are red. However, they are all trimed with the color of the attribute: Green for Mind, Orange for Body, and Purple for Soul.

Thanks for stopping by, tomorrow we'll take a look at some Soul cards. Until next time!
Back to top Go down
ronmonks

PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 10:15 pm

Keyblade looks like a staple so far, and fire is a nice response card. Axel looks useful, but i guess it will overall depend on how many suitable fire cards you can play.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:17 pm

ronmonks wrote:
Keyblade looks like a staple so far, and fire is a nice response card. Axel looks useful, but i guess it will overall depend on how many suitable fire cards you can play.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you feel that Keyblade is a staple?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 8:08 pm

Ok, everyone. It's preview time again. Today, let's look at some Soul power!

Cloud bending is a tutor card that not only allows you to rearrange the top cards of your deck, but also grab a card if it has the right trait and a character who knows how to use wind and/or water well performs it.

This support card may be a little more difficult to use to it's full extent because of the amount of characters with the "avatar" trait. However, if your field is set up with one in play, you can not only get a nice pump by learning from past combat experiences, but it allows you to rearrange the top cards of your deck to make sure you draw what you need.

This person is one peffed off character. During his search for the avatar, it was a race between Zuko and Zhao to bring him back to the Fire Nation. The more resources and the more information Zhao gained, the futher behind, and the more angry Zuko became.
The opponent drawing cards fules Zuko's rage and allows him to fight with much more ferocity. He's also a great counter to characters using an Automail Blade.

Thanks again for checking in on my little web site. All of your interest, time, and feedback really means a lot. It's also very important, seeing as I want this to be the best game it can be.

So please, share your likes, dislikes, and more importanly, your likes. =p
Until next time!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Hey, everyone. Today, I thought we'd take a look at some of the baddies for each color.

First is Father. Making sure you've gained lots of new knowledge each turn can allow you to "tap out" without feeling helpless as long as you have Father fighting on your side.

As the leader of Organization XIII, Xemnes can inspire his troops to fight at their peak when in his presents.

Speaking about leading organizations, many of the Dai Li agents were loyal to Long Feng for a long period of time. Getting to that position took Long Feng having a presents about him that could influence the people around him.

Those are the previews for today! As always, let me know what you think.
Until next time!
Back to top Go down
ronmonks

PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 8:05 pm

father and long feng look good, xemnas is definately worth the turn four. As far as what has been previewed, everything revolves around hand control and minor pluses to achieve victory. So having a character in play who auto pluses your field by 1 seems really good.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:57 pm

Hey, everyone. It's CLASH! preview time again. Let's take a look at some Mind attribute cards.

First up is the ultimate version of Father. Being able to break transmutation laws and transmute without a transmutation circle gives Father many options when perfroming alchemy.

This is the first card with a zero for it's threshold. Remember, the first number is the threshold, which means you need equal or more resource cards with a matching symbol in play to use it. The second number is the cost, and that is the amount of ready resources you need to exhaust to pay for the card. Any symbol resource will do the trick when paying the cost.

This card might not be the best draw power, however, it is splashable in any deck, and if you set up your field with a smart character, it can work out rather well.

The action preview for today was a first, and here's a second first. This is the first card to have two different effects with two different timings and costs. The first one counters anyone healing characters with effects as long as it's ready. However, you can exhaust this card to get another ability if you feel you don't have to worry about healing effects.

As always, thanks for stopping in. Please share your thoughts.

Until next time!

Back to top Go down
ronmonks

PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 4:37 am

Father seems like a major headache to get off the field. Tireless study could prove to be a nice draw card, and frenzied studies looks pretty well balanced.
Back to top Go down
Vladd Viever

Vladd Viever

PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 6:01 pm

I have an idea for card templating. The first, larger number is the number of resource you need in play that share a symbol? And all of the Symbols, Mind Body and Soul, have their own corrisponding boarder trim color?

Perhaps you could outline, or fill in the Threshold bubble with the corrisponding boarder colow? It would make it that much more obvious when looking at cards, possibly, and also make teh difference between the Actual cost, and Threshold, that much more obvious.

the 5 Thresh Father seems like a monster, and a nigh unstoppable one at that, which is fairly accurate for where he was at that point. I will enjoy slamming that guy down like a boss!!

The draw cards looked pretty awesome.

I was a little disappointed with Xemnas's effect though. It seemed like it might either be really good or really not. We'll see how easy it is to maintain.

That Zuko from a few pages back I really liked.

I had a question regarding the card pool though. Are there enough Mind/Body/Soul cards to make a mono deck? or would it be pretty hard and you'd likely end up splashing a few characters from another attribute...
Back to top Go down
OniKan

OniKan

PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:08 pm

I like Owen's idea of coloring in the threshold circle, or at least having a border on it. It seems like it would make checking the cost a lot quicker, especially if (hypothetically) looking through a stack of cards or something similar.

That Father is amazing. Actually, he was amazing before I even read the effect. That's probably the best image you could have put on the card. Then the effect just made him super-amazing.

Also, when did Pot of Greed become not-so-great draw power? If you have a "Smart" character, that's what Tireless Study becomes. Can't really go wrong there.

I'm not sure how I feel about Frenzied Studies. Its normal effect may be useful, but its other effect is a -1, so I don't know how often I'd want to use that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Card Previews
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next