CLASH! TCG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLASH! TCG

The official place to talk about cards, decks, and articles for the unofficial card game.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Card Previews

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Card Previews Empty
PostSubject: Card Previews   Card Previews Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 3:27 pm

So, starting today, I'll be previewing anywhere from one to five cards per day, until the first set of 150 cards are released.

As they are previewed, you can check the card list section for a more easy to find database of all the cards.

The cards will be showed at a size ready for print, if you'd like to print the cards off. Please let me know if they are too hard to read on the site at that size.
Back to top Go down
https://clashtcg.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Card Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 3:40 pm

Today, we'll start off with two character cards, both from the green color (Mind cards).

The first is a 1 threshold character, Edward Elric.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The second is a 2 threshold character, the beast from the east himself.

As you can see, the cards are mainly red. This is because all character cards will be colored red, however, they will be trimed with the color of the type of card it is. (Mind is green, Body is orange, and Soul is purple.)

You can also tell what element the card is by the symbol in the upper right hand corner of the card.

In the upper left hand corner of the card is the threshold and cost, the first number in the bigger circle is the threshold, and the second, smaller circle is the cost.

Again, please tell me what you think, both of the card design and effects.

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for tomorrows previews!
Back to top Go down
ronmonks

Card Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 8:27 am

i like the card design, reminds me of pokemon's original background colors and inuyasha's stat wall. in all they are easy to read and are pretty to look at. Ling Yao's ability looks like it could be staple for a counter deck (if one exists) and Ed Elrich has what looks to be a pretty well-balanced card draw ability that might get a synergy boost from something else on field. keep 'em coming
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Card Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 3:07 pm

Glad you liked the design. Let's keep the previews going with two more Mind element characters.
I realize that FMA has had a few card game representations, including one from Mr. Batista in his Arc Bounder game. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Keeping this in mind, I wanted to choose some characters that we haven't had the chance to play as in that game, and here are two of them.

The first is the ever loyal protector of Ling Yao.
As you can see by her effect, once Ling sets her up with his distraction, Lan Fan is more than happy to carry out the order quickly by allowing you to pay less for "disrupt" action cards. Which are, as Ron guessed correctly, negation type effects.
Remember, the threshold is the first number on the top left hand corner, and the cost is the second number. And that is the number this cards' effect lowers.

The second is a character rounding out the end of the curve.
Fighting with Izumi could be the last fight you ever have, seeing as if she beats you, chances are you won't have the chance to heal your character and keep them in the fight.

Thanks again for stopping by, comments are always encouraged, and stay tunned for tomorrows previews!

Last edited by Admin on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ronmonks

Card Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 4:09 pm

I really like lan's synergy with ling's ability and I can't wait to see what the disrupt cards will be. Izumi looks like a late game bomb drop but i fear i may not get to play her simply because i want to see how far a two color deck can go with the base set. so far it's been 4/4 for playable cards in my book, can't wait for the next batch.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Card Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 6:31 pm

So, it seems I got lazy over the weekend, but now I'm back with some more previews.

For this preview, let's see what happens when you curve out the late game with the Elric brothers.

The first character is Al on turn four.
As you can see, Al backs up anyone who is out to seek knowledge. And by assisting them, he allows you to draw more cards.
He also makes sure the opponents cards can't heal themselves by preventing players to gain points.

Ed finishes up the curve.
If you don't have many options, Ed allows you to search for an answer. However, if you have more knowledge than your opponent does, Ed uses that knowledge for combat.

Keep in mind, players may have up to three copies of a card in the deck. This means the card number, not the card name. So players may use three copies of the 1 threshold Ed as well as three copies of the 5 threshold Ed.

I'm not sure which picture I want to use for this character card. I'm in love with both of them, and I'm not sure I can choose. So I'd love if you guys were to give me your feed back on which one you like better.

No matter which picture is chosen, both Al and this card will make sure your opponent's Kingdom Hearts deck doesn't heal too much.

Thanks for reading, and see you tomorrow for another preview!

Back to top Go down
ronmonks

Card Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 6:57 pm

looking good. So far FMA seems to be pretty powerful. i would go with the sora art with the keyblade on the ground. Looking forward to seeing what's next
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Card Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:40 am

Yes, it's that time again!

Yesterday we got to see what could happen if you ended your curve with the main characters of Fullmetal Alchemist. Today, let's take a look at what could happen if you end your curve with two of the main heroes from Kingdom Hearts.

The first one is Riku on turn four.
Riku makes sure things stay just a little unfair by tipping the balance in your favor.

The second is Sora on turn five.
Sora's not the brightest in the bunch, but he's big on protecting everyone and making thing fair.
With Riku watching his back, however, things tend to turn out in his favor.
The combination of these two can potentially cripple your opponent during the tail end of the game.

Thanks for reading. And as of right now, which ending curve do you like better? Ed and Al? Or Sora and Riku?

Stay tunned for tomorrows preview! Until next time.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ronmonks

Card Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:12 pm

FMA ending curve hands down for me. Al counters Riku pretty well and Ed's ability is a game ender, where as Sora's is more of a hope that you draw game ending cards. All of the late game stats are impressive and in my opinion they are right where they should be...in exception to maybe one. It looks like Riku can't take on Al in a straight up battle with any stat match. That being said, kingdom hearts character line up is looking good so far. Looking forward to seeing the rest.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Card Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 4:11 pm

Well, to be fair, both Riku and Al have a 6 in Melee. Which means either of them can win that clash.

I don't see how Al counters Riku... perhaps because Riku makes you draw one less and Al allows you to draw one more?

In any case, the Mind deck was ment to me a natural counter to the Body deck. So, that's what I was going for.

Thanks so much for your feed back. More cards to come soon.
Back to top Go down
ronmonks

Card Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:06 pm

yeah, i meant counters Riku because of the draw ability Al has. It just seemed easier to sum up that way. I did forget about the tied stat rule though, my bad.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Card Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 2:22 pm

Today is all about girl power! Let's check out some of the female characters today.

First, let's take a look at a two threshold Lan Fan.
As you most likely you can tell, each of the five good guys and five bad guys from each universe has two versions on different threshold numbers. In Lan Fans case, she has a turn three and a turn two.

Next, let's take a look at a young lady from Kingdom Hearts.
If you are able to heal any of your characters after the clash step, Kairi allows you to heal yourself and gain a point.
If Sora is backing her up and is in play with her, you'll be able to recover a little more, and gain an additional point.

Lastly, let's take a look at another version of "Teacher".
This characters effect is a great counter for the 5 threshold Sora that was previewed yesterday, as well as a couple other Body cards.
Protect her from Sora's attacks with some pump cards, and the Kingdom Hearts player will have a tough time crippling your hand with that late game combo.

As always, thanks a lot for reading. And stay tuned for tomorrows previews.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ronmonks

Card Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 2:30 pm

Looking good, I especially like Izumi's effect, definately worth running 4 Body Resource
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Card Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:27 pm

ronmonks wrote:
Looking good, I especially like Izumi's effect, definately worth running 4 Body Resource

For Izumi you need 4 Mind resource.
Back to top Go down
ronmonks

Card Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 5:02 pm

oops, meant mind. Typing while thhinking about three different card games can be a bit confusing
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Card Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:29 pm

Believe me, I know exactly what you mean. =p
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Card Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:58 pm

So, since I didn't do a preview yesterday, I thought I'd double down on the previews today.

First, let's check out some more ladies!

Though forcing others to seek answers Lust gains information by observing from the shadows. Why would she want the opponent to draw cards as well? There may be a method to her madness yet.

Just like when she risked her own safety to save Terra, Aqua will try her best to not leave any of her teammates behind.

Being not only one of the well respected Bei Fongs', but an earth bender, Toph is one tough cookie. She loves to delegate the rules based on her terms, and she does so with this card. Toph is able to not only see, but control what the opponent will get in their upcoming draws.

Now to change it up, here's one of the lesser seen characters from FMA.
Cornello was able to fool a lot of people although he lied most of the time. Although he did bring some help to the town, he hurt it as well. And this card represents that in the fact that he draws a card, but then discards one from your hand.

Kairi is able to hang on to those memories that may be lost. Your opponents effects can't discard cards from your hand while she's in play, but more importantly, neither can yours.

Thanks again for reading. And stay tuned for more!

Last edited by Admin on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ronmonks

Card Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:30 pm

If you like deck manipulation, then you'll love the rest of the Soul cards.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Card Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:22 pm

ronmonks wrote:
If you like deck manipulation, then you'll love the rest of the Soul cards.

Opps, I edited your post instead of responded to it...

Anyway... like I said, you'll love the Soul cards... again... opps.
Back to top Go down
OniKan

OniKan

Card Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 8:42 pm

I apologize that it's taken me so long to reply to these previews. I've been fairly busy, and then I had to go back and re-read some of the rules to make sure I knew what I was talking about.

With that said, I definitely like what I'm seeing so far. There seems to be a decent amount of variety in effects, which is always a good thing. Different players will naturally gravitate towards different strategies, and it's good to see that you're intent on making sure the options are there.

I do have one concern, though. I could be wrong, but I don't believe with these characters that it's currently possible to heal one of your defeated characters. If I'm wrong about this and I missed a character who does have sufficient traits to heal another, please correct me. Either way, just keep on eye on that to make sure that healing your characters is at least a viable option.

I also have a question about Gluttony. It says for each one point a player gains, they take 3 damage. Points are your life, correct? So Gluttony's effect will severely punish anyone who tries to gain life? I just want to make sure I'm understanding that correctly.

I'm looking forward to the next previews.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Card Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Well, I didn't want it to be too easy for players to heal their characters. With that said, a copy of each character can heal itself. (For example, discarding any Lust card from your hand can heal any other Lust.)
In addition to that, from what's been shown so far, Sora and Riku can heal each other. And Aqua can heal either one of the Kairi cards, although vise versa doesn't hold true.

So there are a couple, but not too many.

You're correct about Gluttony. Points are you life, so his effect punishes players for trying to recover.

Thanks so much for your input.
Back to top Go down
OniKan

OniKan

Card Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:46 pm

Alright, so there a few characters that can heal each other. Also, I hadn't considered using a copy of the same character to heal the other, so that's cool. I do understand not wanting to make it too easy to heal, though.

I thought I was correct about Gluttony, but I just wanted to make sure.

Anyway, I'm definitely interested to see what's coming next.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Card Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 1:08 pm

Before I post the previews for today, I wanted to hear from you guys.

What attritube preview would you like to see? Mind, Body, or Soul?
Back to top Go down
ronmonks

Card Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 2:06 pm

I would like to see some soul cards, being a fan of deck manipulation and all.
Back to top Go down
OniKan

OniKan

Card Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 3:28 pm

ronmonks wrote:
I would like to see some soul cards, being a fan of deck manipulation and all.

I second that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Card Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Previews   Card Previews Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Card Previews
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next