CLASH! TCG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLASH! TCG

The official place to talk about cards, decks, and articles for the unofficial card game.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My View for the Game

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

My View for the Game Empty
PostSubject: My View for the Game   My View for the Game Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 2:32 pm

My vision for this project is to create a game that is to cartoons and video games as VS System is to comic books.
The game will be character based, and has three different areas or 'colors' as it's called in other games. However, instead of using colors, I chose to use something else that if you know me, won't be surprising. Mind, Body, and Soul.

Now, I'll go over what each of the three types are based on.

Mind - Japanese Anime.

Body - Video Games.

Soul - American Cartoons.

For the first set, I'll be using Full Metal Alchemist for the Mind cards. Kingdom Hearts for the Body cards. And Avatar the Last Airbender for the Soul cards. I already have three other universes for the second set, but let's not get too ahead of ourselves just yet.

I'm a huge fan of a rock paper scissors environment, and keeping this in mind I'm trying my best to have each deck type be a natural counter for another while being venerable to the last type.

Mind will have an advantage over Body. The pen is more powerful than the sword after all, right?
Body will have an advantage over Soul. For what is the spirit without flesh?
And Soul will have an advantage over Mind. Since on many occasions, intuition is more reliable than logic.

This is a broad view of my vision for the game. Let me know your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
https://clashtcg.forumotion.com
ronmonks

PostSubject: Re: My View for the Game   My View for the Game Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 10:15 am

seems like a good starting point. i like the selection of groups for the first set. not so much because i am a fan of the shows/video games, but because of how you want the decks to match up. i think avatar would be a great deck that is centered around putting as many resources under a bender as possible to use stronger bending abilities, kingdom hearts to be item focued (equip the hell out of keyblades) then smash face with some dual wielding combo-tastic attack, and FMA for a more balanced ratio of both resource gathering and item use. cant wait for the first batch of cards.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My View for the Game   My View for the Game Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:08 pm

Thank you, Mr. Monks. Your enthusiasm is very appreciated.

The first set will contain 150 cards, 50 for each of the three colors. With the card limit at three and the deck size at 40, I think there will be a good amount of options, deck building wise, for the starting point of the game.

As I said in the last post, I'm really working towards a natural rock paper scissors meta game. However, I believe with the right amount of tech, making great plays, and maybe a misplay or two from the opponent, the player with the bad match up can still win. However, this won't be proven until the full card list is out and play testing starts.

I'm planning on previewing some of the cards within the next couple of days. A couple cards from each color until I release the full list. So, stay tuned.
Back to top Go down
https://clashtcg.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My View for the Game   My View for the Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My View for the Game
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CLASH! TCG :: Articles-
Jump to: