CLASH! TCG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLASH! TCG

The official place to talk about cards, decks, and articles for the unofficial card game.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Universe Speculation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Universe Speculation Empty
PostSubject: Universe Speculation   Universe Speculation Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 3:26 pm

So, I'm sure it's obvious by now that the three universes I'll be using for the first set are Full Metal Alchemist, Kingdom Hearts, and Avatar: the Last Airbender. I also have three more universes in mind for my next expansion.

Each attribute is based on one theme. Mind is based on anime. Body is based on video games. And Soul is based on American cartoons. Keeping this in mind, if you were in the creative drivers seat, what universes would you start the game with besides the three I've chosen?

And if you're just too attached to the three I have used, what characters would you have included and which would you have left out?
Back to top Go down
https://clashtcg.forumotion.com
ronmonks

PostSubject: Re: Universe Speculation   Universe Speculation Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 8:05 pm

For american cartoons i would go with the legacy era or jedi knights era comics for star wars (die hard star wars fan...not including prequals), that is, if comics count as cartoons. For video games, i would really like to see someone try to break the mold a bit and try a shooter game converted into cards, like call of duty or halo (i like the imagery of Sora being sniped by Master Chief). For anime, i would like to see something that was a bit less hack n slash and has a bit more depth, like ghost in the shell, or death note...but it's hard to resist saying FLCL (so much violence in such a short series). The possibilities are pretty much endless, with so many good series in all three categories.
Back to top Go down
Vladd Viever

Vladd Viever

PostSubject: Re: Universe Speculation   Universe Speculation Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 1:50 am

Admin wrote:
So, I'm sure it's obvious by now that the three universes I'll be using for the first set are Full Metal Alchemist, Kingdom Hearts, and Avatar: the Last Airbender. I also have three more universes in mind for my next expansion.

Each attribute is based on one theme. Mind is based on anime. Body is based on video games. And Soul is based on American cartoons. Keeping this in mind, if you were in the creative drivers seat, what universes would you start the game with besides the three I've chosen?

And if you're just too attached to the three I have used, what characters would you have included and which would you have left out?

We'll House, we've discussed this a bit off forums and I think we came to a similar conclusion.
Ben 10 would be pretty awesome for amercian cartoons. That or perhaps the Boondocks would be pretty bad ass. Would be great getting to lay down the smack down with Bushido Brown, or Stinkmeaner!
For Video Games, I think that it would be pretty awesome to rock some old school games, like Crash Bandicoot or if you're looking for more universal appeal, Megaman would be pretty nice (Added bonus that you could later do a Megaman set for Anime aswell, making the affiliation cross colors!)
Lastly for anime, Death Note or Code Geass would be pretty fucking sick. Yu Yu Hakusho would be fun, as would Trigun, Bebop. or S-cry-ed. Really, anime I feel is the largest column for stuff I'd be happy to see.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Universe Speculation   Universe Speculation Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 3:18 pm

All really interesting choices.

It's funny Megaman came up, because I was actually thinking about doing that instead of Kingdom Hearts. However, I wasn't really sure if I wanted to go that route because of the nature of the characters. Do I consider Megaman and X as the same character? What about all the incarnations of Roll? It's a series I really love, but I think some more thought needs to go into it.

Shooters! That's an interesting idea. It does seem like the only shooter (that I know of, anyway) that has enough named characters that fight would be Gears of War (a series I do enjoy).

I think FLCL kind'a falls into that same box. From my memory, doesn't seem like it has enough characters...

Star Wars is always an awesome idea. I always loved owning with Vader in something. The card game, Soul Calibur, you name it. He's just a cool character.

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. But let's go a bit futher. I took ten characters from each universe (five good, five bad) from each universe for the character pool. If you were to choose three universes, what ten characters from each would you include?

(I'm just trying to raise some conversation. None of the universes I chose for my first expansion has been stated by you guys yet, so I'm not trying to mooch anyone's ideas if anyone was worried about that.) =p
Back to top Go down
https://clashtcg.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Universe Speculation   Universe Speculation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Universe Speculation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CLASH! TCG :: Articles-
Jump to: